October 6, 2010

Just Jamie Scarves: Just Right

Scrap those knitting needles you know you'll never use (it's almost time for a brand new New Year's resolution, anyway) and pull up the go-to site for all your scarf-related needs: JustJamieScarves. Not only will you find the necessary comfy basics, but exotic and creative designs are also presented, such as infinity, celeb-inspired, unisex, animal prints and more.

Here, designer Jamie Futterman, who describes herself as "strong, intense, sexy, and rocker chic," discusses her journey to scarves, fan favorites and why she's been deemed the "scarf lady."


Age: 22

Residence: Upper East Side, New York City

When did you first start working on your scarf line?
When I first entered Syracuse University, I was looking for a way to make an extra buck. (I mean, what girl in college doesn't need to make a little extra money?) I soon got involved with Greek Life and set up several philanthropies where I would create tons of scarves, sell them and donate a percentage of my earnings to a selected charity. It wasn't long after that I developed the nickname "scarf lady."

Tell us, why scarves?
Scarves are my favorite accessory by far. They allow me to be original in my outfits and can transform a boring look into something stylish at a small price.

You have different design categories, but how would you describe
the collection as a whole?
Just Jamie Scarves is fashion at an affordable price. Our customer is stylish, vibrant and embodies New York City spirit.

What has the response been like so far?
I launched my site recently and have been doing so well. The orders are starting to come in from all over the country! It's so exciting seeing people wearing my designs.

Which design has been a fan favorite?
Since the launch of my site (only one week ago), best selling scarves have been the designer-inspired zig-zag-patterned "Damaris" and the “Alyssa Web Knit Pucker" scarves.

What can we look forward to in coming months?
I hope to expand to incorporate additional accessories, including costume jewelry and bangles, but for now I'm taking it one step at a time. For winter, stay tuned for some awesome chunky knit eternity scarves.

Keep up with Jamie's line on Twitter @_JustJamie_

No comments:

Post a Comment