December 9, 2010

Mia Lara Jewelry


Mia Lara Nathanson describes her collection as contemporary, yet timeless—“My pieces are fresh, versatile and playful.” And no, you’re not going to find knock-offs on the street in SoHo. When you’re looking for that original gift to give (or to gift yourself) you can rely on 28-year-old Brooklynite Mia Lara—trust me.

Now, read on.

So, how long have you been working on your jewelry line?: Since I was 12, but I started to cultivate a business five years ago. Until last February, I was working full time in the fashion and finance industry, but I decided to devote all of my time to my jewelry collection.

Wow, what keeps you motivated?: It just feels so amazing to reach people through my art.

How has the style evolved since you began?: Since I'm self-taught, my style has grown leaps and bounds in terms of my design capabilities over the past years. I think a common thread from the beginning is my love and attraction to texture, organic/assymetric designs and bright color.

Tell me about your inspirations: I am constantly inspired by the texture and color of New York City. I wouldn't say there are specific artists that inspire me, but I am influenced by many.

Are you up to anything exciting in the coming months?: I'll begin designing my new collection this January in Brooklyn and then plan to travel to India to source stones and develop my line further. I hope to debut a new collection by the spring!

Okay, now let’s talk specifics. What are some favorites broken down by category:

Earrings: Addison (available in Green Onyx, Black Onyx, Smokey Quartz, Lemon Quartz, Aqua Chalcedony, Pink Chalcedony & in both Sterling Silver and 18K Gold Vermeil)

Ring: Ava (available in Green Onyx, Black Onyx, Smokey Quartz, Lemon Quartz, Aqua Chalcedony, Pink Chalcedony & in both Sterling Silver and 18K Gold Vermeil)

Necklace: Lucy (available in both Sterling Silver and 14K Gold Fill)

Bracelet: Makalya (available in Lava/Fresh Water Pearl, Lava/Coral or Lava Turquoise with 18K Gold Vermeil)

And now for a personal favorite:

Savannah Ring


Available in NYC at Only Hearts, Paul Labrecque Salon & Spa, Works Gallery, Facets @ Limelight Marketplace, Treasure Chest, Thistle & Clover

No comments:

Post a Comment